2018 General Plan
On September 20, 2017, the Town Council voted unanimously to adopt the 2018 General Plan Update. In order to become effective, voters must also ratify, or approve, the General Plan at a general election. The 2018 General Plan will be on the May 15, 2018 ballot.
Review the 2018 General Plan by visiting PlanQC.com.
| Click to enlarge
About the General Plan Update
The Queen Creek General Plan serves as the Town's road map to guide development, appropriately manage growth, and effectively conserve natural resources. The General Plan identifies goals and policies, and integrates plans related to land use, growth area, transportation, parks, trails and open space, environmental planning, water resources and economic development.
State law requires communities to prepare and adopt a General Plan every ten years with input from the community. The current General Plan was approved by voters in September 2008. The 2018 General Plan will be on the May 15, 2018 ballot for possible ratification, or approval.
- May 2016: Project team kickoff
- June 2016 – December 2016: Research and strategy development
- December 2016 – January 2017: Education and input (public involvement - Phase 1)
- February 2017: Land use education and input (public involvement - Phase 2)
- Feb. 16: Land Use Community Workshop, 5-8 p.m. at Town Hall, 22350 S. Ellsworth Road
- March: Draft plan is created
- May 1: 60 day review begins
- May 11: Transportation Advisory Committee presentation
- May 24: Economic Development Commission presentation
- June 13: Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee presentation
- End of June: Draft General Plan available online for public input
- July 12: Line by line review (public involvement - Phase 3)
- July: Updated Draft General Plan available online for public input
- Aug. 9: Final draft plan presented to the Planning Commission (first public hearing) at the Queen Creek Library in the Zane Grey Room
- Aug. 16: Work Session presentation to the Town Council
- Sept. 13: Final plan is presented to the Planning Commission (second public hearing)
- Sept. 20: Final plan is presented to Town Council (third public hearing); Town Council votes on presented plan
- Spring, 2018: outreach regarding vote to ratify the plan
- May 15, 2018: Election to approve 2018 General Plan Update