The Town of Queen Creek's Facade Improvement Program is designed to encourage improvements to the street-facing exteriors of commercial buildings in Town Center. Applicants must be the owners of the property or commercial tenants who have written approval from property owners to participate.
The Town will reimburse up to 50% of eligible pre-approved improvement costs. The maximum amount for any individual grant award is $20,000 per property.
Eligible improvements include:
- Exterior painting and facade repair
- Plants and landscaping
- Doors and windows
- Facade and display window lighting
- Demolition of obsolete structures
- Addition of a patio or outdoor space
Exterior Signage (street facing) and parking lots/parking striping may be considered as eligible projects based on a complete package.
Ineligible improvements include:
- New building construction
- Roof repairs (other than those portions that directly attach to a new or renovated facade)
- Interior work
- Any items that are not allowed by the Town of Queen Creek building code
Applications are accepted on an as-needed basis. For more information about applying, please contact Jennifer Lindley at 480-358-3523 or at Jennifer.Lindley@queencreek.org
What Facade Improvement Program participants are saying:
- Brian McKean,
Old Ellsworth Brewing Company
- Dr. Wayne Christensen, Queen Creek Back Care
"During the first go-around, I got pavers, which I couldn’t have afforded on my own, and then I really stepped it up on my landscaping. The funding also paid for one of two commercial-grade glass doors. The second program approval helped offset the cost of the raised-seam metal roof that gave the building the industrial look. Without the facade improvement program, I would have selected a less expensive, standard tile roof. "
- Dawson Alverson, QC Accounting
For more information about Town Center boundaries or the overall program, please contact Jennifer Lindley, Economic Development Coordinator, at 480-358-3523 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am a tenant. Do I need the property owner’s approval?
Yes. Any commercial property/building owner or business owner/tenant with authorization from the owner for improvements may apply for funding. Applicants may apply to the program more than once. However, applicants are not eligible for funding more than twice in any five-year period on the same property, unless ownership of property changes.
How many quotes do I need to get before submitting my application?
Prior to submitting your application, you will need to include a total estimated project costs including at least three (3) bids/quotes for each project element above $5,000. Bids are subject to review and additional bids may be requested.
Can I submit only for signage improvements?
No. Signage is an eligible improvement if it is part of a comprehensive façade improvement project. Eligibility will be at the Economic Development Commission’s discretion.
Please note the following if signage will be included in your application.
- Prepare a plan showing the location, size, type and materials of sign to be installed.
- Each sign should be sized appropriately and in proportion to the property.
- Colors and graphics should be coordinated with the overall building colors as well as those of adjacent buildings.
- All signs must conform to Town zoning regulations and require a sign permit from the Planning Department.
- Preference will be given to monument signage (versus wall signage) which can easily be transferred from one building to another.
When can I start the work? Can I submit for work that is already completed?
Following approval by the Economic Development Commission, the Town will issue a formal “Notice to Proceed.” Any work initiated BEFORE the “Notice to Proceed” will NOT be eligible for reimbursement.
For more information about applying, please contact Jennifer Lindley at 480-358-3523 or at Jennifer.Lindley@queencreek.org.