Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017
| Presented By:
The community is invited to come out and celebrate Queen Creek’s 28th anniversary at a family-friendly community event in Founders’ Park. The event will feature fun activities, great music and entertainment, pig races, vendors, lawn games, corn-hole tournament, a 4-H zone with equine experiences, and the Battle of the Badge relay style competitions.Event Schedule
5 p.m. Welcome
6:15 p.m. Pig Races
7:15 p.m. Battle of the Badge - Fire vs. MCSO
8 p.m. Battle of the Badge - Award Presentation
Wristbands (Details Coming Soon)
Activities and Experiences
Details coming soon!
Inflatables & Interactive Attractions (All Inclusive Wristband Required)
- Bounce House
- Rock Wall
- Joust Arena
- Bungee Run
- Obstacle Course
- Train Ride
- Pony Rides
- Ladder Ball
- Connect Four
- Giant Jenga
- Lawn Pong
Beginning at 6 p.m., attendees will have the opportunity to pick the winning pig. There will be four pig races; individuals can select the swiftest swine in each of the races. Everyone who picks the winning pig will receive one raffle ticket. Races will be held every 15 minutes with fun activities between each race including seed spitting, pig calling and pig trivia. Swine can be selected up until five minutes before the race begins with the last call for picking the winning pig at 6:55 p.m.
Details coming soon!
The Tot Spot is a FREE area within the Founders Day event specifically for those ages 5 and under. There will be two separate play areas: one for ages 0-2 and the other for ages 3-5. This area will include a bounce house and additional activities for the little ones.
Battle of the Badges
Youth are invited to join the Queen Creek Fire & Medical department and the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office for a friendly competition that will be one for the record books (and one for the cameras!)
Teams will compete in various competitions and the winner will take home the trophy (and bragging rights!) Youth participation is limited and registration is a first-come, first-served basis.
Details coming soon!
Battle of the Bags (Cornhole Tournament)
Join us for the 2nd annual Founders' Day "Battle of the Bags" Corn-hole tournament. Corn-hole, a popular lawn game that involves throwing bags of corn at a raised platform, is enjoyable whether you're a seasoned player or have never played before. Don't want to participate in the tournament? Not a problem! While there will be hot competition among the field of teams, there are also several great activities offered throughout the Founders' Day event, including vendors, entertainment, relay style competitions, lawn games and more!
What: 2nd Annual "Battle of the Bags" Corn hole Tournament
Where: Founders' Park, 22407 S. Ellsworth Rd
When: Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017
Check-in / Walk-up Registration / Warm-Up starts at 4:30 p.m.
Battle Bags start Flying at 5:00 p.m.
Who: Participants of all ages are welcome! Players under the age of 18 must have a Release of Liability form signed by a parent/guardian. A maximum of 16 teams will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
Entry Fee: $40 per team
Awards: 1st Place - $100 (Visa Gift Card) & Trophy
2nd Place - $50 (Visa Gift Card)
On-Line Registration: www.kbgamesllc.com/founders-day
In-Person: Registration forms and payment may be dropped off/mailed to the Library Recreation Annex, 21802 S. Ellsworth Road. Checks should be made payable to the Town of Queen Creek.
Battle of the Bags - Registration Form
Details: This is a pool play corn hole tournament (2-game guarantee). Rules and other details will be sent out to all registrants prior to the event.
1. Participants of all ages are welcome! Players under the age of 18 must have a Release of Liability form signed by a parent/guardian.
2. Teams consist of two players per team.
3. Check-in/Walk-up Registration begins at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 23. The tournament will start at 5:00 p.m.
4. All tournament boards and bags will be provided and set up for you. You may NOT use your own bags or boards - No exceptions.
5. This tournament will be held outside at Founders' Park, 22407 S. Ellsworth Road.
6. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. The first offense: A warning will be issued from a tournament official. The second offense: Forfeiture of the game being played. The third offense: Forfeiture of all tournament games.
7. There is no dress code - team shirts, bare feet, flip flops, whatever you feel comfortable wearing is your prerogative; however, do keep in mind that this is a family-friendly event that will be played outdoors. We suggest checking the weather forecast that morning!
8. Feel free to bring chairs, towels, etc. to make your team comfortable throughout the day. Vendors will be available for purchase on the event grounds, however outside coolers/food/drinks are permitted. No Alcohol Permitted.
Parking and Shuttle Service
- Event Parking: Founder's Park, 22407 S. Ellsworth Rd.
- Handicapped Parking: Founder's Park Community Center Lot, 22407 S. Ellsworth Rd.
- Shuttle Parking (Free): Queen Creek Library, 21802 S. Ellsworth Rd.
- Shuttles will operate between 4:30-10 p.m.
Become a Sponsor
Queen Creek event sponsorship opportunities serve as a great way to help market your business and expand upon your community outreach.
For more information regarding sponsorship opportunities, please contact Erica Perez at 480-358-3719 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like an opportunity to display or sell your business goods and services? Be sure to reserve your space today.
Become a part of the special events team by volunteering your time at this exciting fun family event. To volunteer, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 480-358-3700.