As the Town embarks on multiple road and infrastructure improvement projects over the next few years, our goal is to keep our residents and visitors informed of what projects are happening, where they are located, how these projects impact you and the future of the community, and what you can expect during construction.
CURRENT IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS/ESTIMATED PROJECT COST
- Queen Creek Corporation Yard - Design and Phase 1 - $1.8 million
- Riggs Road - Ellsworth to Meridian Roads - $14.5 million
- Ellsworth and Queen Creek Road Intersection
- Crimson Road - Queen Creek to Germann Roads
- Power Road - Brooks Farm to Ocotillo Road
Capital Improvements Projects (CIP) have multiple phases through the construction project:
- The Preliminary Phase consists of initial project planning, such as scoping, funding allocation and schedule and cost estimation.
- Next is the Design Phase, which includes formal design, construction documents, project specifications and land acquisition when necessary.
- The Bid Phase begins when the Town advertises the project and requests bid submissions from contractors and vendors. The phase ends when a contract is approved by Town Council and executed.
- Once a contract has been executed, a project begins the Construction Phase. Construction can refer to the actual construction or renovation of buildings or other infrastructure such as streets and sidewalks.
- Following the construction phase, a project enters the Post-Construction Phase. This phase includes the warranty, completion of final as built plans and project closeout.
The Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) Division is responsible for the administration of the Town’s CIP transportation infrastructure, including streets, culverts, RR crossings, wastewater systems-sewer, reclaimed water, park trails, new buildings and drainage. The capital improvement projects are constructed under management of the Town and are identified and prioritized by current and future capital needs of the community, which are to be constructed by public sources.
For more information about our Capital Improvement Program, contact Troy White, Public Works Director at 480-358-3746 or email@example.com.
To submit questions or comments about this project visit our Capital Improvement Project Feedback Page.