Memorial Day, Monday, May 28
Trash and Recycling Services will NOT be delayed due to the holiday on Monday, May 28. Please have your carts curbside by 6 am for service.
The Town offers free monthly bulk trash collection for Queen Creek residents with Town trash and recycling services. To receive this service, customers MUST schedule a pick up online. Town of Queen Creek Solid Waste Department is not authorized to provide services to commercial properties such as businesses and apartment communities.
Bulk collection must be scheduled before 5 p.m. the Monday of your neighborhood’s designated week (see map below) online by clicking on the button below. In order to use this service, you must have a current active Town Trash and Recycling account. Bulk services will not be able to be scheduled the day before the schedule collection day.
Items ACCEPTED in bulk collection include:
- Large appliances such as microwaves, washers and dryers (excluding refrigerators and freezers)
- Lawnmowers as long as fuel and oil are removed prior to placing curbside
- Furniture (tables, chairs, couches, mattresses and box springs)
- Household garbage (including items that don't easily fit into the trash cart)
- Cardboard-broken down
- Yard debris (including items that don't easily fit into the trash cart). See 3Bs below (Bagged, Bundled and Boxed) for preparing yard debris. All items placed curbside, including containers and cans, will be taken during the curbside collection.
The allowed area for bulk is six (6) cubic yards.
Items NOT ACCEPTED in bulk collection include:
- Carpet - Residents may utilize transfer station for carpet disposal.
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Horse manure
- Hazardous materials (tires, paint, batteries, motor oil). Information about disposing of Hazardous Waste
- Construction materials such as concrete, dirt, rock, gravel, drywall, pavers and brick
Remember the 3Bs - Bagged, Bundled and Boxed!
When preparing yard debris for bulk collection, please note the following:
- Grass, leaves and other small items MUST be bagged or boxed and not exceed 50 pounds per bag.
- Tree logs, limbs and cuttings cannot be longer than four (4) feet or wider than one (1) foot in diameter and are required to be bundled and securely tied with twine, string, duct tape or similar.
- Century plants, all cacti and similar plants that are hazardous to collection employees should be contained in boxes.
**IMPORTANT** Items that are not securely tied with twine, string, duct tape or similar, that cause spills onto the roadway or sidewalk will NOT be picked up.
Preparing Bulk Trash for Collection
- Make sure you have scheduled your bulk collection pick up.
- To avoid disruption in service, bulk trash MUST be curbside by 6 a.m. on your scheduled pick up day.
- Remember the 3Bs (bagged, bundled and boxed) when preparing your bulk trash items.
Electronics and Other Collection Options
Town residents who wish to haul their household trash to the Right Away Disposal (RAD) transfer station, located at Idaho and Baseline Roads in Apache Junction, may do so for a reduced rate. For information, please click here.
For information on times of operation and directions please visit the RAD website or call 480-983-9101.
Examples of Proper Bulk Set-Out
Examples of Improper Bulk Set-Out