Citizen Leadership Institute
Registration for the Class of 2018 is NOW OPEN!
For questions about this program, contact Debra.Kuffner@QueenCreek.org or call 480-358-3198
About the Program
The Queen Creek Citizen Leadership Institute (CLI) is an award-winning program designed to:
- Present information about important questions facing the Town
- Provide an avenue for residents to help plan the community's future
- Spark an interest in local issues
- Develop a pool of informed residents willing to serve as local leaders on boards, commissions and among their neighbors.
Participants are recognized by the Town Council at a graduation ceremony and are typically considered for future committee appointments and leadership opportunities. In addition to guest speakers, sessions feature group discussions, activities and other topic-related exercises. Participants are required to complete the following in order to graduate:
- Attend seven of the 10 class sessions
- Participate in one volunteer activity
- Participate in one class service project
- Attend one Town Council meeting
- Attend one Commission or Committee meeting
During the course of the leadership program, you will meet your Town Council members, the Town Manager, Department Directors and Managers, Town Planners and of course, your neighbors and fellow concerned citizens. By participating in this program, you plan an integral role in the development of your community.
The QC CLI runs annually from September-June. Anyone who lives or works in the Queen Creek area is welcome to attend, however most Town committees require residency in the Town limits in order to qualify for appointment.
2017/2018 Schedule at-a-glance
SESSION 1: Orientation / Meet and Greet
Tuesday, September 25, 6:30-9 p.m.
Learn about the CLI experience, Town history and organizational structure
SESSION 2: Budget
Tuesday, October 10, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Gain an understanding of the Town’s budget and how projects are funded
SESSION 3: Quality of Life, Parks and Arts
Tuesday, October 24, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Explore Queen Creek’s parks, arts and recreation opportunities.
SESSION 4: Economic Development, Marketing and Communications
Tuesday, November 14, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Learn how the Town shares our story with residents, businesses and visitors.
SESSION 5: Public Works, Infrastructure & Transportation
Wednesday, December 13, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Get a behind-the-scenes look at our roads, traffic systems, environmental efforts and construction projects.
SESSION 6: Development Services, Planning and Zoning
Tuesday, January 9, 6:30-9 p.m.
Get a behind-the-scenes look at our planning process to better understand how the Town develops and grows.
SESSION 7: Education Panel
Wednesday, February 21, 6:30-9 p.m.
Learn about the different types of schools in Queen Creek (public, charter, private, etc.) and hear from education experts on the state of education in Queen Creek.
SESSION 8: Water Conservation and Tour of Water Reclamation Plant
Tuesday, March 13, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the Greenfield Water Reclamation Plant and learn how water is delivered throughout the Town.
SESSION 9: Public Safety
Tuesday, April 10, 6:30-9 p.m.
Get a behind-the-scenes experience and tour of Queen Creek’s Fire, Medical and Law Enforcement efforts.
SESSION 10: Nonprofit & Community Expo
Tuesday, May 1, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Meet local nonprofit leaders and learn how to get involved and make a difference in our community.
CLASS PROJECT PRESENTATIONS: Wednesday, May 2, 5:30 p.m.
Representatives from the class will present their group projects to the Town Council
GRADUATION! Wednesday, May 19, 6:45 p.m.
Time to celebrate completion of the program with friends and family!
DOWNLOAD PREVIOUS CLASS PRESENTATIONS
CLASS PROJECT PRESENTATIONS
- Dine Local
- Road Rally Scavenger Hunt
- Bringing AZ SciTech Festival to QC
- Toy Drive for Boys & Girls Club
- Diaper Drive for QC Family Resource Center "Team Rashes"
- New Resident Resources "Team Smooth Move"
GOVERNANCE & BUDGET
- Local Government Reading Material - 2014
- Form of Governance Presentation - 2014
- League of Arizona Cities and Towns Presentation - 2014
- Town Budget 2017
- Town Manager Presentation 2017
- Town Manager Presentation - 2015
- Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport Presentation - 2014
- Queen Creek Chamber of Commerce Presentation - 2014
- Economic Development Presentation 2017
- Parks and Recreation Services
DEVELOPMENT SERVICES, PLANNING AND ZONING
COMMUNITY AND QUALITY OF LIFE
TRAFFIC AND INFRASTRUCTURE